mikeken

Insulating Dog House

We have a 2000 Southwind with a V10 Ford engine. The dog house cover is made of fiberglass with carpet covering and no insulation underneath which makes for a lot of engine noise. What would be the best way to insulate with something that would withstand the heat? Please help.

West Marine has noise and heat insulating material made for engine compartments. The site is HERE

I believe JC Whitney has some that is cheaper.

I bought a kit from Camping World for my old rig, it worked like a charm. I've got enough left over to do the new rig, just got to fing the right glue, the original spray on worked great but there's none left for the new one.

Try some of your local audio stores. They have the rolled sound proofing you may need. Radio Shack may also be a place to look.

The main thing to be alert for is Fire Rating. Being under the dog House there is a great deal of heat. Caution, Caution, Caution.

I bought a kit from Camping World for my old rig, it worked like a charm. I've got enough left over to do the new rig, just got to fing the right glue, the original spray on worked great but there's none left for the new one.

You should have good luck with 3M spray adhesive. I would wipe down the surface with a good cleaner like Isopropyl alcohol or acetone. (this includes the insalation)Just wear rubber gloves when using. The key to making it stick is prep. You can also get insulating kits from Summit Racing (http://www.summitracing.com/) a good source of odds and ends for your RV.

Good luck

Bill

I did my dog house with Kool mat. It is silicone based an what any race cars use to insulate from heat. Pricy, but fire proof, easy and does reduce heat and noise.