Sign in to follow this  
larryo13

How Much Fuel Do I Need

I have a 1995 Rexhall Aerbus. It has been stored with no fuel for nearly two years. I have gone through all the fluids added 9 gallons of gas and it still won't start? It will run when I spray the intake with Carb cleaner. Is 9 gallons just not enough fuel?

Guest BillAdams

It sounds more like the fuel pump is not getting fuel from the tank to the engine.

I sounds more like the fuel pump is not getting fuel from the tank to the engine.

Sorry, new at this. Do you think that only having 9 gallons in a 70 gallon tank might be the problem?

If the coach is level then that should be enough. Like Bill said,check the fuel lines,rust may have opened some pin holes is line. Also check any rubber couplings in the fuel line.

Then check the fuel filters.

The fuel pump has a rubber diaphragm that may have failed.

Rich.

Larry, there are several places to start. One question, was there fuel in the tank when it was stored? If yes, it may have evaporated and varnished the tank or the tank may have rusted. I would replace the fuel filter/s then remove the fuel line from the carburetor. Have someone bump the starter and check to see if fuel comes out. BE CAREFUL. If fuel does come out, pump is OK, weak maybe but still pumping. If no fuel comes out, pump may need to be replaced or lines blown out. Then if you have fuel flow its time to go into the carb. The carb may have had fuel in it when stored and it has evaporated and varnished it up and will need to be cleaned. A vehicle that has been stored for a long period can form varnish, rust or even have water in the tank and that can be a real problem.