Xplorer

Thousand Trails Zone Pass - First Reservation - Update #2

I read their contract.

They require automatic renewal from year to year unless they receive a letter 30 days prior to the renewal.

Has anyone had an issue with cancelling before the renewal date?

Does anyone have a concern about the automatic renewal requirement?

The other issues seem to be similar to most, in that they can make changes, increase fees based on insurance costs, etc.

Just curious if anyone has has read the contracts/requirements and have any concerns.

Here is my final conversation with Thousand Trails regarding the Zone Pass

LIVE CHAT

Operator Maggie has joined the chat.

Maggie1:12:23 PM

Hello, thanks for inquiring about the Zone Camping Pass! How can I assist you today?

John1:12:56 PM

Once you sign up online for a zone pass, how soon do you receive your card to use for camping?

Maggie1:13:31 PM

Have you signed up already?

John1:13:59 PM

Doing some research first

Maggie1:14:14 PM

It should take only 30 days however I can sign you up and you may use this immediately

John1:14:45 PM

Is there a Thousand Trails forum?

Maggie1:15:38 PM

There isn't you may look on our www.thousandtrails.com site however we do have a 30 day money back or 2 night stay whichever comes first for refunds

John1:16:34 PM

If it takes 30 days to get the documets, what is the effective start date on the zone pass?

Maggie1:17:01 PM

It only takes 30 days for your cards the docs you will have immediately at sign up

1:17:10 PM

You will have a member # as soon as we sign you up

1:17:34 PM

Today we are offering $100 off the Pass so its only $399!!

John1:18:24 PM

ok, one more question, or rather comment. I'm not too excited about the automatice renewal., and having to send a letter at least 30 days prior to renewal if I choose not to renew for any reason, health, etc.

Maggie1:20:36 PM

you can call in if you decide not to renew John we have many that do that, we are here to work with you

John1:21:12 PM

Oh, ok that makes me a little more comfortable, because what TT is offering is a good value.

1:21:38 PM

If we sign up today, all I have to pay is the $399 for the zone pass.

Maggie1:26:15 PM

That is correct...great deal!!

John1:27:06 PM

I agree, and thanks for your patience in answering my questions.

Maggie1:27:08 PM

John, we definately work with all of our RV'rs and know you will want to continue staying at our Parks , I would be happy to walk through this with you

1:28:31 PM

Patience is my middle name amongst having teens..lol

John1:28:55 PM

What's our next step to work with you?

Maggie1:29:29 PM

I would just need to speak with you to get the information and what Zone you would like and payment. 877-610-7623

John1:29:45 PM

Are you really Maggie?

Maggie1:30:01 PM

Yes

1:30:10 PM

Last time I checked I am real

John1:30:16 PM

I'll call and ask for Maggie

Maggie1:30:36 PM

That is my direct line John

The cost for the Southeast Zone was $399.

However, the Gubberment does collect taxes on the purchase. Overall, with the $100 discount and less taxes on the lower purchase price, it's over $110 savings. Instead of the Gas Card, deducted the $100, which I preferred.

I was going to by the Zone Pass anyway, after getting all my questions answered, along with the personal research. Helluva deal for me.

If used for only the 30 days free, it's about $13 a night. If I use it for 90 days it's about $6.43 a night.

For me considering the locations of the Parks, it's a good value and will probably get used more than the 90 days.

If you have questions, or interested, give Maggie a call. Low Key, NO pressure. A very pleasant purchasing experience.

The contract, rules, etc, can be read at the thousand trails Zone Pass website.

Made first online reservation today, everything went smooth and within minutes received confirmation for 5 nights.

Anything over 4 nights, will require one week out for the next reservation. Total cost of the reservation $0.00

The only additional charge may be when I get there and upgrade to a 50 amp site, which should be $3-5. This time of year need both AC's and the additional umph in electric power.

I'll post updates as I use the Zone Pass, see how it goes.

So fur, so good, yeah, I know fur......just like there's gold in them thar hills.

5 nights @ $25-$35 a night, recouped on this trip $125-$175

Reconstructed cost of Zone Pass = $267-$317 after the 5 nights.

Based on the Zone Pass cost of $399 + Uncle Suga's $42 take.

Well, keeps getting easier and better.

Decided to extend stay another 2 days.

No Problemo, just paid the 50 amp upgrade fee, received a new date out tag and back to the pool.

Ice Cream social almost broke me, 2 orders of 3 scoops each, for $1 per for a total of $2, now back to the bike trail.

It was the 50lb bag of Deer Corn for $10.89 that DW wanted to feed her Deer Kids that sent me to the bank. Wonder if they can be deducted as dependents.

So fur, so good, yeah, I know fur......just like there's gold in them thar hills.

Now 7 nights @ $25-$35 a night, recouped on this trip $175-$245

Reconstructed cost of Zone Pass = $266-$196 after the 7 nights.

Based on the Zone Pass cost of $399 + Uncle Suga's $42 take.

Add in $3 for 50 amp daily charge x 7 = $21

Reconstructed Zone Pass camping costs = $287 - $217

*Ice Cream and Deer Corn not included in above figures,,,,written off as almost a total loss.

The numbers are starting to confuse me.

I wish you well with your travels and Thousand Trails. We were members for three years and let the membership drop. It seems every place we went, all the good spots (shade, spacious, room between rigs, etc) were occupied by an annual renter. So while we drove around looking for a suitable space, most of the ones we would have liked to use were taken by an empty RV.

Looks like Geico is getting into the Thousand Trails Act.

Geico notified me today that I can purchase 2 Zones for the Price of One.

Not bad, but the one zone is all I need now. Maybe Next year, if it's still available.