RVerOnTheMove

Deleting a Post

Why in the World cannot I delete a post? Put a time limit on it if you like so I can't kill a thread a month from now but make some kind of a provision for incorrect posts other than deleting all of the letters and putting in a period, space or *.

The delete post/topic option is not enabled for users. If you start a topic or post a reply that you would like to remove, please report the post and ask a moderator to delete it.

Asking for a delete is preferred to going back and editing your post by deleting some or all of the text. That would leave the edited post, and probably raise spam suspicions.

That makes no good sense. It's your board and you can do as you please, of course, but I should be able to delete my own post even if you only allow me to do so within the first hour/day/week (fill in the appropriate time period). We all make mistakes and we should be able to correct those without leaving posts behind that include nothing but blank spaces. I don't really want to have to beg some stranger to read and delete a post which never should have been made in the first place. Maybe you like to be able to chuckle at someone else's momentary lapse of judgement and revel in it before you grant their wish, but I don't see that as a reasonable way to run a forum when most every other forum I participate in DOES allow this option.

I know I am spitting in the wind so it's really not necessary to reply as it appears that what is, is and what will be, will be.

No worries, be happy!