Sign in to follow this  
RVChris

Air suspension bags

I have a 2000 Fleetwood Flair Class-A on a Workhouse custom chassis. One of my two air suspension bags was damaged while elevating the front end and will not hold air. Since then I've driven the coach about 300 miles with no air in either bag with little if any noticeable difference. Is it OK to continue doing this?

Chris,

The air bags help with the ride. It would be best if you had them replaced. If you are a DIYer you should be able to change them yourself. They are either by Goodyear or Firestone I believe. Please don't replace just one. Do them both at the same time. Also if you don't already have them install remote fill lines so you don't have to get under the coach to air them up. I believe your P30 Chassis takes between 70 and 90 PSI for a good ride.

Herman

Actually, the air bags are an integral part of the front suspension on a P chassis. Alignment will be thrown off without them. And recommended PSI is based on what front axle GAWR you have. Your manual should give you guidelines. If not, let us know your front axle GAWR and perhaps someone else can look it up.

Brett