bhalldorson

Sirius Radio

I have a factory installed Jensen radio with factory installed antenna for Sirius radio. If the motor home sits unused for a week or two, I have to call for a re-activation signal and no matter what time I call, reception doesn't start until around 6 or 7 in the evening.

Then during our trip we will have no problem unless we encounter a lengthy obstruction (like a tunnel) and the signal is lost again until I call for re-activation signal, and again, radio doesn't work until 6 or 7 in the evening.

Naturally, Jensen points at Sirius, and Sirus points at Jensen.

Any ideas??

You could try setting up an online account with Sirius. Then, when you need to deactivate a radio, you can do it through your account settings. I have done this once, and deactivation signal was sent within 15 minutes or so. Unusual though for a radio to shut down for so short a period of time.

Mike

We have Sirius in both our Coach and our Toad. They have never deactivated. The Coach will sometimes sit for several months with power turned off to the radio. The car has sat for as long as 10 days in an airport parking deck. I would lay money on the problem being Jensen's! (Ours are not Jensens!)

If you are losing the signal and not having it return after a brief interruption like a tunnel then you have a bad radio or a bad antenna but I don't see any possible way it could be Sirius as the signal is certainly there.