Sign in to follow this  
HenryPatterson

Air Bag On Monaco 40 DP

Here's a good one....I need to put my monaco d/p that is 12'6 tall thru a 12' door....can I let the air out of the bags and move the m'h thru the door?

Its a straight move.bout 30 ' get it thru the door then air the bags back up........

Can this be done???

Thanks

BUTCH

Butch,

My suggestion would be to dump your air and measure your coach. If it will go down enough, I would then try to find out if you can drive the coach forward with your finger on the dump button. My Monaco will start to rise to the Travel position as soon as I start the engine.

Herman

Butch,

...My Monaco will start to rise to the Travel position as soon as I start the engine...

Herman

Same here.

Butch,

Try this: with the engine running and someone outside the coach, so they can tell you if the coach begins to rise, dump your air and hold the button down. If and when the air dumps try putting the coach in gear and try to move it, all the while holding your finger on the dump button. See if your coach will stay low and move. I know the minute you let up on the dump button it is going to rise.

Be sure that the area that you plan to move the coach over is flat with no, I say no high spots. With the coach lowered down you are getting the oil pan closer to the ground.

Please remember that all the things you hear here are only suggestions and that you are on your own.

Herman

I've had two cases where we came to a low overpass and we dumped air to get under the overpass. I dumped the air and then put Louise in the drivers seat. I climbed the rear ladder so I could see exactly what was going on. I was just peeking over the top of the rig, hang on tight. Using radios to communicate, I could tell her which way to steer. If it starts to come up too fast, put it in neutral and dump again. That way you can inch it through. Putting it in the garage this way though is going to require bringing it out the same way. That's a lot of work to do every time you take it in and out. I have a friend who does this with his rig, also a Monaco. He is usually only in and out 2 or three times a year. One problem I had to talk to Louise about. When I told her to stop she would step on the brakes hard, the nose would dip and then it would spring back up!

Thanks everyone.....This is just a temporary thing. We bought a new home and the shop has 12' doors on it. I am going to have 14' doors put in but can't get them for a couple of weeks. I just wanted to put it inside out of all this heat.

And Herman, I'll be meeting you in September at the meet in Shawnee.

Thanks everybody.

BUTCH

Butch,

Looking forward to meeting you.

When you get all set up in Shawnee, go to registration and have them radio me and I will come to meet you.

If you see a Golf Cart with both the US and Texas flags that will be me.

Herman