Sign in to follow this  
earlmumma

Landing Strips Under Tires

Both Target and Walmart carry plastic cutting boards in different sizes (some very large) that work perfectly. Can probably find similar things online. Some of the sizes are great for putting under your leveling jacks as well.

Earl,

Welcome to the Forum.

You did not say if you were storing your coach on concrete or dirt, under cover or out in the open.

If undercover on concrete, plywood would be OK, if out in the open that would be different. Out in the open I would put my tires on 2" X 12" boards and cover my tires to protect them from suns UV Rays.

Herman

inside on concrete. Plywood would be ok I just wanted to find the plastic ones they are nice they have handles and take up no room. I should not have given my to the buyer of my last coach.

I will track them down eventually.

Thanks for the welcome.

Earl

The large plastic cutting boards seem good to me. I have large Teflon sheets about 1/8" thick that were specially made for tire landing pads. They are indestructible and I've had them for years. Unfortunately the company in Princeton, MN went out of business so again I would try the cutting boards. This company also had the teflon in sheets about 2' by 4' that are great for sliding under the coach. The Teflon makes it almost as easy as a creeper but you can use them on soft ground even mud.

I use "horse stall" pads. the pads are 1/2" rubber and are groved on one side to shed water. The cost is $25.00 and can be purchased at Tractor Supply Stores. The pad is larger enough to cut for all six tires (4 individual pads). I use any time that I park for a week or more.

The Landing Strips in question were made by a company called Ranger Design. I ordered some several years ago and reordered the front set about 1-2 years ago. I recently went online to order another rear set, but cannot find the url address for the company. I am currently on the road, but will be home tomorrow and will look at my current products from them and repost the url if it is still valid.