Sign in to follow this  
MarYJac04

Honda CRV Odometer Question

I just returned from my first time towing, a 2006 Honda CRV AWD, and was surprised to see the odometer register the towed miles. Is this normal? Is there any way to disable that from happening? I followed the owners manual for towing but could not find anything about the odometer reading.

I just returned from my first time towing, a 2006 Honda CRV AWD, and was surprised to see the odometer register the towed miles. Is this normal? Is there any way to disable that from happening? I followed the owners manual for towing but could not find anything about the odometer reading.

Did you pull a fuse or is that not necessary according to your manual. On my Vue I have to pull the IGN fuse. The Vue has a Honda engine.

I flat towed a 2006 CRV for many miles, and none of the miles registered on the odometer. Review your owners manual carefully on flat towing, it sounds like you left the key in the "ON" position and not "off with steering unlocked" as is specified. My Honda was an AWD with Automatic Trans. It should not be necessary to remove any fuses or make any modifications.

The accessory fuse was pulled per the manual. After seeing the miles added on the first leg I double checked for key position on the return trip. The ran thru the gears and engine run for 3 minutes per the manual, engine turned off, odometer reading was not displayed (accessory position). Miles still recorded on the return trip.

Never heard of that. We tow a CRV and have a number of friends with CRVs...none add miles to the odometer.