oilmud

2009 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Premier XL vs Entegra Conerstone

Wantabee but would appreciate any comments about the two RV's.

I like the blue bird, but buying a 4 to 5 yr old RV to a new one is toying with head.

Any suggestions be appreciated and thanks.

I may be biased here ( I own one) BUT, I would take a 25 year old bluebird wanderlodge over ANY brand new coach on the market other than a Newell or Prevost..And that is debatable. There is no comparison period .Bluebird Wanderlodge is out of business as are a lot of RV mfg's.

That being said, if you just want to get in and go and are not interested in doing a lot of your own maintenance, then a bird is not for you. They are complex machines. They are also a heavy bus chassis. You will find parts for them at Heavy truck facilities, NOT at Camping World or most RV dealers

IF you want to get a true feel for the Wanderlodge, go www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com. It is a free website and you can learn ALL you want to know about a Wanderlodge. If you are going to compare,compare apples to apples.

I ditto the above post. We often have joint Rallies with a local Blue bird / wounder lodge group. They take great pride in the coaches and share information freely. Some have repairs and restoration work done by the pros, but many do most if not all there own work. I got a little wet helping one owner along with others replacing a cooling line on a generator, and as long as I was up to a lot of ribbing about driving Some Other Brand we did get in some good jabs.

Good luck, regardless of way you go. Enjoy the ever changing sun rises and sunsets one see out the window.

Rich.

I can't comment on the specific coaches you mentioned but I would not hesitate about a 5 year old. By that time the bugs should be worked out. Having spent some time in a large RV maintenance facility, the real headaches seem to be with the new ones.

Thanks for your comments. Not ready to buy at the moment but you have convinced me to go with. Blue bird.

Sure there will be maintenance but you are all correct on getting new coaches broke in, bugs out.

Will continue to follow forum because it's very informative.

Thanks all

Stephen

I may be biased here ( I own one) BUT, I would take a 25 year old bluebird wanderlodge over ANY brand new coach on the market other than a Newell or Prevost..And that is debatable. There is no comparison period .Bluebird Wanderlodge is out of business as are a lot of RV mfg's.

That being said, if you just want to get in and go and are not interested in doing a lot of your own maintenance, then a bird is not for you. They are complex machines. They are also a heavy bus chassis. You will find parts for them at Heavy truck facilities, NOT at Camping World or most RV dealers

IF you want to get a true feel for the Wanderlodge, go www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com. It is a free website and you can learn ALL you want to know about a Wanderlodge. If you are going to compare,compare apples to apples.

YUP- what Mike said