FMCAHokie

Exhaust Manifold Donut Gasket

Can anyone tell me if the manifold to exhaust gasket (donut) for the 8.1 liter Vortec is the same, whether it is a Chevrolet product or a Workhorse product?

When I called Workhorse I was given a Part # 15020729 for the gasket. I tried to order it on-line from a Workhorse parts store and that number was "Not a Valid Number".

A Chevrolet dealer sold me a gasket, Part # 15077362 but could not confirm that it was the same (same size) as the Workhorse item.

Any ideas?

With the same setup in regards to the manifold to pipe, one would think they would be the same as both are powered by 8.1 L engine. That kind of depends on the model year.

You could call NAPA at 800-538-6272 and give them the two part numbers and see if they cross to the same number in there parts file.

Rich.

With the same setup in regards to the manifold to pipe, one would think they would be the same as both are powered by 8.1 L engine. That kind of depends on the model year.

You could call NAPA at 800-538-6272 and give them the two part numbers and see if they cross be to the same number in there parts file.

Rich.

Thanks Rich, NAPA says they are not the same part. The Workhorse part is a true donut gasket, where the GM part is a metal ring seal. The Workhorse part is more difficult to find but NAPA will get it in 2 to 3 days. Checking with NAPA was great advice!

Don

Check "Omey's" website it has many Workhorse part number and a great source of info for Workhorse

They show

15150413 donut OEM

15170285 donut GM

F31731 donut Car Quest

Check "Omey's" website it has many Workhorse part number and a great source of info for Workhorse

They show

15150413 donut OEM

15170285 donut GM

F31731 donut Car Quest

Thanks for the info. When I called Workhorse directly, i was given Part # 15020729.

NAPA checked it out as a good number, with picture. That's what was ordered.

Hope it is the right one.