wcarroll

Cigarette Lighter Power

Recently purchased a 2004 Pace Arrow and the 2 dash cigarette lighters don't work. Ran down schematics from Fleetwood but nothing matches to the driver "underdash " block. Has 24 fuse slots that are unmarked and, I assume, the fuse to the lighters. Any thoughts on this or do I just pull and inspect each fuse? A bad fuse may not be "visible" to eyesight.

Bill

I use one of the 12 volt light testers that has a pointed probe on one end ,and a wire with a clip on it for ground on the other end. You may have to have the ignition on or in accessory to get all the fuses to have power. If the power is on to the fuses, there are two metal test points on the top of the fuses. The light should light on both test points. If it does not light on one side, the fuse is bad. I find this method a lot easier than pulling one fuse at a time. The cost for a test light is about $4.00 at Harbor Freight. I think you can find them at most automotive parts stores, too.

Hi Bill,

Welcome to FMCA.

Do you have a Workhorse Chassis? If so, then look for a 30 amp fuse. If its the blade type it should be Green in color. They use fuses of different sizes from Mini,Maxi, E-Z and a few others. So it is hard to tell amperage from size alone.

The test light mentioned by mrboyer is a good tool to fined the open ones.

Post your chassis model if its different.

Rich.