Sign in to follow this  
pframe

2004 Damon UltraSport 3975 With Phantom Electrical Problems

Looking for some advise.

My Damon has developed, slowly a problem that was originally only on occasion, and now is most of the time. The controls for the 2 slides, refridge control board, water heater control board and furnace control board seem to stop working. Rarely, they all come back to life, but this past week they were all out for the most part. When 1 fails, they all fail. I can jump the slides and make them work, but not the 3 others. A tech at the FMCA Midwest rally suggested a faulty circuit board, relay or loose ground. Anyone else have any ideas?

Never heard of A (i.e. ONE) circuit board that controls all these devices.

What they DO have in common is that they all operate on 12 VDC. So, first step is to verify 12+ VDC at the batteries. If plugged in or generator on, voltage (with converter or charger on should be 13.2-14.0 with the higher number being for a smart charger with discharged batteries.

If voltage at the batteries is OK, move to the refrigerator (outside access door) and check there. That is the easiest of the PC boards to access, and I suspect having the refrigerator work is probably job one.

Let us know what you find.

BTW, if you don't have a digital voltmeter-- get one right now-- you can find them starting at $10. Troubleshooting without one is virtually impossible.

Brett

pframe,

The only item that comes to mind is that your 12 volt buss feeds a 2 buss 12 volt fuse panel and one of the feeders is loose at the fuse box or at the point its connected to the main buss, or a buss issue closer to the battery distribution wiring.

The fact that the voltage was intermittent and got worse over time just sounds like a loose connection.

Check the screw terminals behind the 12 volt fuse panel.

REMEMBER to disconnect the 12 volt feeds, using the disconnect switch or relay(s).

Real key would be if all the items affected get power from the same panel.

Rich.