geman

Auxillary Braking Systems

Hello,

We have a 2013 Jayco Melbourne 28F and have decided to tow our 2011 Honda CVR. We purchased a barely used Blue OX Aventa II tow bar and are looking at braking systems. Any advice, concerns and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Rick and Barbara

You may get as many different opinions for as many responses that you receive, but I have had Brake Buddy and would not get it again. I prefer the Air Force 1. Simple and easy hook up. Made in Evansville, Indiana. Very responsive to your needs.

There have been a number of previous discussions on this topic. Here is one of the more extensive discussions. You can search forums using the search box at the top of this page, search just this topic or search all topics. I used "supplemental brakes" as a search key. You could try other key words to get other discussions.

I have the Blue Ox Aladdin tow bar on my 25ft Class C to tow my Honda CRV. When I had that installed they recommended the Unified Brake System by US Gear. I had it installed and it works great. All I have to do is touch the brakes in the motorhome and it activates the brakes in the CRV. You look them up under US Gear braking systems. Good luck.