Sign in to follow this  
dickandlois

Actia Instrument Cluster Recall

Did you get a notice regarding this recall?

Workhorse will change the repair procedures regarding recall campaign 50402-C, Actia Cluster software reprogramming effective January 2013.

Model Year 2003 vehicles and Model Year 2004

This is a software recall regarding the Brake System warning light.

Rich.

Rich - I also have a 2003 WH chassis - but am the second owner - bought coach about 1.5 years ago - owner passed away - how can I find out if this procedure was performed ??

Thanks - Nick

Nick, the recall should be logged in the Workhorse records using the Vin Number. I got a feeling your unit might have fallen through the cracks !!! The campaign started in January of this year.

This might be a good starting point and you might ask them about the LED intensity issue also.

Workhorse Chassis Assistance:

1-877-294-6773

Rich.

That recall came out in 2004. I had it done then.

50402-C

Defect Summary: CERTAIN CLASS A MOTOR HOMES BUILT ON WORKHORSE CHASSIS FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD (FMVSS) NO. 101, "CONTROLS AND DISPLAY" AND STANDARD NO. 105 "HYDRAULIC AND ELECTRIC BRAKE SYSTEMS." MODELS WITH ACTIA INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, THE INCORRECT SOFTWARE PROGRAMMED INTO THE CLUSTER SUCH THAT CERTAIN WARNINGS ARE NOT DISPLAYED.
Consequence Summary: INCORRECT SOFTWARE MAY NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO ILLUMINATE WARNING LAMPS INDICATING BRAKE SYSTEM FAILURES. THE STANDARDS REQUIRE DRIVER WARNING WHEN BRAKE FAILURE CODES ARE SET.
Corrective Summary: WORKHORSE IS CONDUCTING THE OWNER NOTIFICATION AND REMEDY FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS MAY CONTACT WORKHORSE AT 1-877-294-6773 .

Interesting! This is a copy of the cover sheet that showed up on the recall. Wonder if it was reissued ??

Workhorse will change the repair procedures regarding recall campaign 50402-C, Actia Cluster software reprogramming effective January 2013.
Below is the Update repair process:
Confirm that the campaign is open in the Warranty Profile in WOW.

Rich.