geraldlanc

Nova Scotia

Question

For those of you who have been to eastern Canada, we are looking at making a trip to the Nova Scotia area next summer. We won't have much time (maybe 3 weeks max) before we will need to head back home to Texas.

Will we need a toad, or can we tour in our 40' MH? When we went to Alaska in a truck camper, we just spent one or two nights in a spot and then moved on. We saw a lot of territory that way.

Are there areas that we could just sit in for days at a time and rent a car to tour in? I currently don't have a car that can be towed 4 down and am trying to decide if I should buy a tow dolly for the Prius.

Gerald

2 answers to this question

We had a 2003' Prius for a while, has to be towed on a dolly! Great car, but we sold it an got a 2006' Saturn, can be towed on all 4s!

It's my opinion that you don't need a toad to tour Nova Scotia. You will encounter a lot of rolling hills and for your safety it's important to always stay within the posted speed limits when you tour the Cabot Trail. I suggest you travel counter clockwise for better views of the scenery as you drive around the Cabot Trail. You will use your engine brake or transmission grade brake, wouldn't recommend going around the Cabot Trail without one or the other. Please note there is no ferry operating from Bar Harbour Maine to Shelburne NS, there is a ferry operating from St. John NB to Digby NS. There are a number of festivals in Nova Scotia during the summer if they interest you. Fuel cost will be approximately 25% higher than in the US.