Sign in to follow this  
jlandon13399

Curb Side Suspension Issue

We own a 2008 H/R Ambassador with a Blue Ox tow system using Air Force One aux brake system. Before we took delivery last May I noticed the coach tilted on the curb side several degrees. After much inspection by Lazy Days they finally found a leak in the Air Force One hook-up to the aux air tank. We went until last December and then the coach tilted again on the curb side. So far Lazy Days cannot find any leaks, but the coach tilted. Any ideas or helpful information would be much appreciated.

Jack,

First suspect is the RIDE HEIGHT valves. You will have three-- two on one axle, one on the other. Most have two on the rear axle and one on the front.

So, first thing is to check ride height-- Monaco can give you the ride height specs for your coach. Be sure to use safety stands.

I don't know where they tapped into the air system for the Air Force One, but I have trouble seeing how that affects a single ride height valve.

Brett

According to the chassis mfg the air system is not to be tapped into, which is regulated by the federal gov. It needs a separate air tank and a proportional control valve to regulate how much air goes to the toad brake.

desertdeals69,

I have been told I do have an auxiliary air tank for the brake system. The last time the coach leaned there was a leak in one of the connections for the brake system. I do not know if the leak was in the aux tank fitting or the line for the air brake cylinder valving etc. I will try to find out exactly where the leak was back in May and let you all know. In the meantime I did send my service advisor an email asking to check the ride height valves.

I appreciate all the help here to get this problem solved.

Lazy Days told me that the aux tank came as a kit when they ordered the Blue Ox Air Force One system. So far the coach has been outside their shop for 10 days without leaning. Don't know what to say just have to figure out is I did something to cause it to lean.

Jack,

Ride height valves can get stuck/unstuck. Very likely you have two on rear axle, one on front axle. If this happens again, listen for air exhausting the low side's ride height valve. Do NOT crawl under unless you have clearance with coach all the way down or use proper jack stands.

Brett,

Thank you for the heads up. I have heard air exhausting on the roadside front wheel after I leveled and exited the coach. I had previously activated and held the air dump valve before leveling and just thought air was still exhausting. It is very possible that the front air dump valve gets stuck. What is the procedure to fix this?

Fix depends on the cause. If the valve itself is leaking, just replace it and set ride height to spec.

Really, first issue is to determine which axle has two ride height valves and which one just one (you will have 3).

Clearly, the one with the two is the one to zero in on if you have left/right lean.

Brett