bmcloud

Towing 2010 Ford Escape

We have been towing our Ford Escape recommended in the January, 2010 towable guide and recommended by our Ford dealer. It states in the owners manual that you can flat tow this vehicle. The transmission is burned up and now the dealer here in FL where we spend our winters says it wasn't a towable vehicle. A remanufactured transmission was installed and it is now clunking. The vehicle is out of warranty and Ford did offer to pay part of the cost of our remanufactured tranny. Anyone else have this problem and have suggestions on how to proceed with Ford Motor Co. While other auto companies were going bankrupt, and you all know who they were, we felt FMC was the best to go with and support. I read in another forum about people with similar problems who got "free" transmissions but I think they were all still in warranty.

Ford does not recommend towing this vehile four down any longer. A friend towed his from Dallas to Tampa, Fl a couple years ago and Ford replaced the tranny in Shreveport, Biloxi, and Tampa on the way and Vicksburg on the way back home. The dealer bought it back from them after several months of discussions with less than 4000 miles on the odometer. As I recall, Ford's intial offer was $1000 or $1500 towards the purchase of a tow dolly. Of course they had invested more than that for a base plate and braking system.

Good luck on which ever route you decide to take.

bmcloud,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Lots of posts on this. On the "towing" forum, enter "Escape" into the search box (upper right).

bmcloud,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Lots of posts on this. On the "towing" forum, enter "Escape" into the search box (upper right).

Nothing comes up when I enter Escape. I have the same problem and Ford wants me to install a $3500.00 pump. Owners manual says I can tow four down, that is why I purchased it. Replaced first one at 890 miles, has 25,000 now and is showing signs of failure. Where do we get relief from Ford on their promise it would tow four down?