Sign in to follow this  
JohnJill

Cabinet Wood

We have a 2006 Itasca Meridian, has anyone experienced the cabinet starting to crack and peel off, its not the wood doors just the trim around them.

Thanks

John

John,

What you have are solid wood on your doors and laminated cabinets. What you see peeling is a glued on paper product to look like wood.

There are several ways to correct this. One would be to use a good adhesive and re attach the peeling material. You could also reface the cabinets with a laminate such as Formica. You would need to remove the present laminate and glue on the new laminate. Or you could have a cabinet shop make and install new Cabinet faces. To me the first one would be the most logical.

Say hi to the folks for me.

Herman

Thanks Mr Mullins

I take it in on the 18th of this month for some warranty work the dealership is going to address it. It is not just on one area it the entire coach. I have humidifiers in there so I know it is not condensation. Was just seeing if anyone else has experienced this before, and I will tell my parents hello.

Thanks Again

John

John,

Do you have a humidifier or DEHUMIDIFIER in the coach.

A small house-type dehumidifer set on 50% humidity works very well. If stored where you don't have access to the coach, but do have electricity, set the dehumidifier on the kitchen counter (secure it well) and let it drain into the gray tank. Been there, done that.

Even the smaller 30 pint units work very well.