Sign in to follow this  
gpshay

Tire Pressure Set Differently On Each Corner Of The Coach

I have been doing a lot of reading on tire pressure & load ..

I've downloaded Michilen's load and pressure chart .. and it makes sense to me that the proper amount of pressure should correspond with the amount of weight on that particular tire which would result in the best "footprint" for that tire.

So does it not also make sense to adhere to the load charts and fill each tire/s corner according to those charts even if one tire might be 5lbs or 10lbs different from the opposite side ?

I also realize that one should attempt to balance the load equally in the coach before weighing each corner and then fill your tires to the manufacturers load and pressure specs. .. So in other words could or should the tires' pressure on the front axle or back axle be different

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn,

In a word, NO.

The heavier wheel position on each axle determines the correct minimum pressure FOR ALL TIRES ON THAT AXLE.

From the Michelin RV Tire Guide, page 6: "For control of the RV, it is critical that the tire pressures be the same across an axle."

Not that I need too, but I concur with Brett 100%. Either someone is giving you some really wrong information or you're not understanding what every tire manufacturer states in their tire guide.

Also, on this subject, my Spartan manual says the weight on one side of the axle should be within 5% of the weight of the other side of the axle.