rlbarkleyii

Water Pressure Drops When City Water Used

I have a 02 Journey 32' and since I purchased the unit about a year ago, the city pressure and volume has fallen of considerably. The pumped water from the tank is adequate and has remained the same. The city water is actually less pressure than the pump.

Meter says the city water is sixty pounds. Comes out under good pressure for a few seconds then reduces to a dribble.

Is there a regulator somewhere on the city line? Or a screen or filter that is clogged up?

Anyone found the cause of this problem.

Could almost anything, but I would start with the simplest. Hookup another waterhose, I have seen hoses collapse on the inside. Next check for a pressure regulator in line to the coach, if there is one, take out for the test, if it is bad, replace it, you never know about the cg pressure.

As Rich said the flap valve is another place to look, some of them have screens that can clog. Also look for a fresh water filter that may be inline, a well used one will produce the symptoms that you described.

Hope you find a simple solution.

Kay

I have had 3 Winnebago products, all of them had a screen and a ball-check type valve on the city water inlet this could be partially plugged with scale causing a restriction. You should be able to check this by disassembling the water inlet behind your service panel. Be sure that your system is de-pressurized and the pump is off before doing this or you will get wet and blow parts around.