jnskokan

Fuel Gauge Drops to "Empty"

I have a 2003 Dolphin built on a W22 chassis. From the very beginning (bought it new in June 2003) I experienced intermittent problems with the fuel gauge. At unpredictable times the gauge drops to empty and I get an audible "low fuel" alarm and a message in the instrument cluster's message center. After 10 to 30 seconds the gauge goes back up to where it should be, the alarms stops, and everything is normal.

The cluster was changed out about three years ago as a result of a Workhorse recall for another problem. I have mentioned this problem at several rallys and am always amazed at how many people have experienced the same problem. The Workhorse reps at the rallys just shrug and say, "I don't know." I haven't mentioned this for a while, thinking I would just have to live with it. Has Workhorse made any progress in identifying the problem and a fix?

I have a 2003 Dolphin built on a W22 chassis. From the very beginning (bought it new in June 2003) I experienced intermittent problems with the fuel gauge. At unpredictable times the gauge drops to empty and I get an audible "low fuel" alarm and a message in the instrument cluster's message center. After 10 to 30 seconds the gauge goes back up to where it should be, the alarms stops, and everything is normal.

The cluster was changed out about three years ago as a result of a Workhorse recall for another problem. I have mentioned this problem at several rallys and am always amazed at how many people have experienced the same problem. The Workhorse reps at the rallys just shrug and say, "I don't know." I haven't mentioned this for a while, thinking I would just have to live with it. Has Workhorse made any progress in identifying the problem and a fix?

At the Winnebago Grand National Rally last month I spoke with the Workhorse rep. She said they have a fix which involves a re-flash of the IP. She offered to do it for mine but I had some scheduling conflicts and mine has only done it three or four times in 5 1/2 years so I didn't pursue it.

New to this forum so hi to everyone.

I have a 2004 and replaced the cluster last fall. I have the same problem: the gas gauge drops, alarm goes off. Seconds later everything is back to normal.

It does this at least once a year. Every time it does this it scares the s*** out of me.

Dagger

Dagger, Welcome to the Forum. Clayl said that Workhorse has a fix that reprogams the IP. You might contact Workhorse about the fix and if there is a W/H dealer near you that might be able to do the reprogram. :)

I can say it now that Thanksgiving is over.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Haven't experienced this situation but when my fuel gauge reads 1/4 you have better be pulling into a gas station. I have put 68 gallons into a 75 gallon tank due to inattentiveness when driving.