Sign in to follow this  
kwl0525

Winnebago Chassis Battery Drain

If anyone has a 2014 Winnebago Minnie Winnie and your chassis (engine) battery is being drained and is dead within days, have your dealer contact Winnebago to find out if your rear vision camera wiring harness was replaced prior to shipping from the factory.

My unit had this issue and after 6 months of back and forth and dead batteries, Winnebago finally determined that the rear camera harness had not been replaced prior to shipping. Apparently, the original harness used was not actually powering down/off so the camera was still 'on' even though everything was 'off' and the ignition key was out.

I don't know if other Winnebago unit's would be impacted, but thought I'd pass this on in hopes of helping someone else avoid the frustration I experienced.

Happy and safe travels!!

I believe also that the newer models still have to have the step turned off or the trickle charge will not maintain the battery. I have an older model Winnebago and turning the step off removed the problem I was having with battery drain. Also I have to leave the battery disconnect switches in the on position when plugged in at storage or the batteries will not charge.

Good info on the camera.