Xplorer

Geico

Just got a quote from Geico for both the Jeep Liberty and motorhome.

The Liberty quote is almost half of my Progressive Policy Renewal, and ...

The Motorhome is about 1/3 the cost of Progressive Renewal.

I know Geico has been around awhile. After comparing the coverages, Geico's quote is so much lower ... ever get something that sounds toooo gooooooood to be true?

I sure would like to pay the low lower rates. Anyone have any experience with Geico? The main difference is I am waiting on a response regarding replacement costs, and diminishing deductibles.

Any thoughts and experience with GEICO?

I had GEICO Ins 30 years ago when in Germany. Back then it was called Government Employees Insurance Company. It was one of two companies that the military could use to insure their cars to drive in Europe.

I never had a claim with them, but they gouged the military big time with their prices. :rolleyes:

It was not until recently that they would insure an RV alone - they wanted a car or home, too. From the REVIEWS and CUSTOMER FEEDBACK I have read, their claims sure have angered a lot of people. Makes me wonder how many just bit the bullet.

You want to investigate claims experience. Do an on-line search. It's been a few years since I've handled an auto accident claim (but I did so for over 20 years), but working with GIECO was almost always much more time consuming and frustrating than with other carriers. It seemed a corporate policy to try and frustrate claimants hoping they'd give up and accept something much less than owed.

Also, I've heard (but can't confirm personally) that they will quote very low first year rates to get the business, only to surprise you with horrific increases for the second year. Again, this is anticdotal, I have no personal experience with in that regard.

Funny that you researched the two companies i did, and got 180 degree difference.

I asked Geico for a quote, after my dealer suggested Progressive (I mean, that is a cute lizard), and they were almost twice as much. Then I found out they counted my EX-wifes car accident (I knew nothing about the accident, and she was not listed as a designated driver), and a no charge incident on my commercial license that no other company picked up or cared about after I asked them.

Progressive got my business, and thankfully I have not had to test their claim operation.

I had Geico for 30 years but their costs got too high and they could not insure for more than $300,000.00. I went to GMAC/SAM. I only pay the moving part of vehicle insurance (not fire/theft etc) for the motorhome while it is on the road. The deal is one month at a time so if I take the motorhome out for 2 months I pay for 2 months.

We changed to GEICO a month ago. The change saved us about 50% on our RV (only) premium for better coverage. Just last week, while on an extended trip we had to have a windshield replaced. Called GEICO and thier claims people, who were very helpful, put us in touch with their glass provider. In all, our glass took four days to get to an installer who came to our camp site, installed the glass and we were on our way. I feel the switch to GEICO was a very good deal from the point of cost and service. All of the people we delt with from the GEICO claims rep to the guys who installed the wind shield were very helpful and professional. Hope this helps.

Glad all went well with the glass claim...

After careful consideration,,,switched to Geico,,,,,saves me $1200 a year on the MH and Jeep. Progessive could not come close,,,,,,have higher limits,,,,,and lower deductibles.......By dropping replacement cost with Progressive,,,,,and matching Geico higher coverages,,,,,Progressive would only reduce the cost by $85......Don't have any issues with Progressive,,,,,,,just lower cost premiums with Geico.........

Talked with rep extensively,,,,,,,,and satisfied with the results thus far.....Like everyone,,,,hope I never have a claim,,,,but,,,,,,,good to hear about good experiences.....

Had Geico many years before the Lizard,,,,,