ivycole

Norcold Ice Maker - Little Water Coming In

Any suggestions on what to look for when the ice maker lets in only a little to no water? When I put water in the ice maker it freezes and cycles out the ice. Seems like only a little water, just enough to feel on your finger in the bottom, is being let into the ice maker.

There is an ajustment for the size of the ice cubes on some models and makes. Not all ice makers use the same setup. Could you post the make and model of your refrigerator / Ice maker for the group?

Rich.

ivycole, I had the same problem with our coach. Rich is correct about the adjustment screw, however on the Norcold, due to the positioning of the Ice Maker you can't remove the cover to make the adjustment. The Ice Maker has to be removed. When I removed mine I found that the Ice Tray was corroded and I replaced it. Got the replacement at the local appliance repair shop. It was a very easy replacement. Now we have good great tasting ice.

Herman

Thanks everyone. I have the 1200LRIM Norcold. I tested the icemaker and wiring harness and both tested fine. Does anyone know where the water inlet valve resides and how to access it? My fresh water drain valve decided it was time to fail while I was doing my testing. Of course without water I could not test the water inlet valve. It did make a buzzing sound instead of a click. I should have the fresh water drain valve fixed tomorrow and restart my testing quest!

I found a really good testing manual for this icemaker but the site kicks me out every time I try to upload it. Maybe I will be able to upload after the site upgrade.

Hey it let me attach the testing manual this time!!!!!

ncoldicemaker.pdf

ivycole,

You can find the water solenoid on the back of your refrigerator and is accessible through to outside cover.

Something that I do when on the final leg of a trip is to disconnect the power from the icemaker solenoid. this way it will clear the ice and not refill with water. This way no water is left in the icemaker when not in use.

Also just before we get home, where we have a dump, we will dump the ice down the toilet so it can agitate and help knock loose any residue before we dump at home.

Herman

Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions. It turned out to be the water valve. Of course as I replaced it I shorted the power. Checked the two fuses on the control board and they we fine. Turned out it was fuse F19 in the engine compartment fuse panel that had blown. The ice maker is now making a lot of ice.

Thanks,

Ivy