Sign in to follow this  
ultraglide

Camping World / Winnebago

I know that this might have been brought up before. But sorry I can' t remember the man's name. I bought a Class A motorhome from Camping World. I had a small problem and had to call them 6 to 7 times. The only time that they called me back quickly was when I told the that I needed to give them my credit card. I guess money makes them move. While calling Camping World I also tried to call Winnebago. There to I had the same success as with Camping World. I would like to write both companies and voice my displeasure ,but do not who to address my concerns to where it will do the most good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a real good friend who's husband has Alzheimers and took her motor home to Camping World in Denton TX at the instruction of her Insurance co.

While waiting for the mirror from Monaco to arrive Camping World in their infinite wisdom parked the motor home By THE DUMPSTER. Now I don't know about the rest of the U.S. but here in Texas we have field mice and rats that love dumpsters and needless to say they invaded her motor home.The varmints ate her couch cushions and the wiring that controls her AC and heater in the ceiling . When she found the evidence of the damage upon arrival to pick up the coach, she informed the Camping World service manager Immediately . He denied the report and said she would have to file a Insurance claim for the damages to her insurance carrier. She contacted the FMCA hot line and they contacted Camping World, again C.W. denied her claim. I just wanted to warn anyone who does business with Camping World be aware, If they damage or are responsible for damage to your coach don't expect them to stand behind their responsibility to the customer YOU.

Ultraglide,

Marcus Lenomis is the Chairman and CEO of Camping World and he claims that if anyone is unhappy with their service or parts to contact him and he will get it taken of. (HAH, another lie from Camping World)

Thank you for that info. What makes me mad is that they don't have a problem taking your money and then they forget you. If I did not call and say that this is William and I said this is Bill they kept calling me Phil. Lol. They knew my name when I had money. Thanks for the info for Camping World . Now all indeed is the main person for Winnebag.

(michaelhillhouse) I dislike these “I have a friend who said” posts

Every story has two sides. We have only been giving one side by someone who told someone about something that

(ultraglide) My dealings with Good Sam and Camping World have always been satisfactory

The folks at Winnebago have been helpful and prompt+

I would suggest you send Marcus Lenomis an Email (he owns both companies)

Camping World did a great job for my repair. They order the part and I took home until the part came in. I took to them when part came in and was done same day. Mice is everywhere not only at Camping World and I heard dryer sheets helps.

Thanks for the info. I will let you know how it goes with Camping World. Still looking of the people in charge for Winnebago.

I know that this might have been brought up before. But sorry I can' t remember the man's name. I bought a Class A motorhome from Camping World. I had a small problem and had to call them 6 to 7 times. The only time that they called me back quickly was when I told the that I needed to give them my credit card. I guess money makes them move. While calling Camping World I also tried to call Winnebago. There to I had the same success as with Camping World. I would like to write both companies and voice my displeasure ,but do not who to address my concerns to where it will do the most good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did Camping World resolve your issue? I understand being frustrated not having phone calls returned in a timely manner but it happens. At least they called you back, just not as quickly as you would like. My doctor never calls back as quickly as I would like for him too either and I don't know who to write.

Google Camping World for contact information.

I just Googled Winnebago Industries and found that Randy J Potts is the CEO.

If you go to the Winnebago website, you can get contact info on the entire management team.

As far as the rat issue goes, when you leave a vehicle at any dealer, garage, tire dealer, etc and sign a service repair order you have released them of any liability issues. Read the fine print and you will see its in everyone of them.

I hope you feel better after writing your letters.

I purchased a new Class A motorhome (2014 Thor ACE) in Dec 2013, from Camping World, Strafford, Missouri. From the get-go I had problems with the coach. The folks at Camping World in both Strafford, Missouri and in Katy, Texas, worked with me and resolved the issues. I'm very happy with service I've received at these two Camping World locations. I think it is like other places - your going to run into some good and some bad service locations. Thats where information forums such as this are of great importance in my opinion.