I purchased a 2006 Country Coach Intrigue in January 2014 with three A/C units on the roof. I don't think any pm was done to the filters, so I'm looking as to how to accomplish this task. I can see the filters inside the coach up under the ceiling shroud (decorative panel), but I'm not sure how to remove the ceiling panels to access them. No outside fasteners, so I'm thinking the chrome plastic panel is held in place by hidden plastic tree snaps, but I don't want to pull too hard on the panel. Am I going in the correct direction for removal to clean?

post-220-0-77726500-1406817864_thumb.jpg

What make units are they? Mine has removable panels with a couple of clips you pull on to release from the body. The clips don't slide you just press it away from the body.

A/C units are RVP 9000 series ..div of Airxcel Inc.

Had a picture of ceiling shroud inserted on my original post thanks to FMCA tech person...No visible clips...

nelsokelso,

From the picture I don't believe those are your returns. A return panel will have a grill of some sort and will be hinged(piano) at one end and are held up with some sort of spring clip. I think what you have are decorative panels and agree with you that you should NOT try pull them open. If you can find a Country Coach web site (faq) some one there may have the answer to your quest.

Good luck,

Herman

A/C outlets and returns are both up in the ceiling under that panel. There is about 4 inches between those items and I can see the filter media but can't reach that far to remove.

Thanks