Sign in to follow this  
Xplorer

FMCA Community Forum chapter?

FMCA Community Forum Chapter  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in joining a chapter for FMCA.com forum members?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • Maybe

Just a wild thought -- to see if participants in this forum would be interested in getting together, or perhaps forming an FMCA.com Forums chapter.

Here are a few reasons:

1. We have been looking at local chapters, but my wife and I are on the go too much to attend more than one chapter event per year. We could not carry our fair share of local chapter membership.

2. Our sons are scattered throughout the country, and family events, etc. sometimes prevent long-term planning and has kept us from attending a national convention. But hopefully that will change that over the next year, depending ....

3. Most importantly, we enjoy the folks on the FMCA.com forums -- the information exchange and just joking around, which I enjoy immensely. My view of forums, is that they should be fun, entertaining, and help folks resolve motorhome issues.

4. Since the FMCA Community forums are relatively new, and for motorhome owners, the culture of the forum really appears it is going to attract a fun group of folks with a common membership and a common interest.

I'm not sure how this idea will shake out; this is just my view ... others may have a similar idea or they may have different ideas.

Anyway, I'm just another crazy motorhomier, but there are some nice folks here on the forums who can joke around and also exchange serious info about the motorhome lifestyle. Activity is increasing, and so is the potential to meet many new folks.

Just a thought --

John

Guest Wayne77590

I'm for it, but I would really have to see if I could fit it into our travel schedule. Example: Would have liked to go to the Perry Rally but our plans are to leave out her around the middle of April. Have a lot of traveling to do if all goes well. Puts us back home in the fall, but usually we take a couple of 300 milers or so. The when, where, who, what, etc. all play an important part, along with family commitments. One son back from Iraq after 5 1/2 years (Civilian), and the other a Col in the USMC with our only two granddaughters.

The idea of a "gathering" is nice. Just get together, play cards, dominoes, pokeno, bingo, Karaoke (not me singing) is all fun and very inexpensive. Only cost would be fuel and CG fees. Don't think there would need to be a fee for anything else.

We have stayed a one military FAMCAMP and had a great time when everyone piched in and paid for turkey, ham and other food for a group dinner. Those that don't want to, don't have to. Specific day of week is not important to me since we are both retired, but others may need to have it encompass a weekend.

I personally think it is a nice idea, but then I think a bunch could just post something and say - hey we'll be going here on such and such. (CG Availability is the only drawback)

Good idea!

For more information about starting a chapter, and to request a Chapter Formation Kit, please contact FMCA's Chapter Services department at chapters@fmca.com. Or, call (800) 543-3622 and ask for Chapters.

Ok, I'm in. I thought about this and have somewhat mixed feelings. I'm enjoying the forum and the great people on line here. Like John and Wayne (Hey, where have I heard that combination before??), my schedule has me going here, there and everywhere. I'll attend rallies when they are near my intended travels but I don't travel out of my way to attend rallies.

Now, if we get enough participation, perhaps we could have a rally weekend with groups meeting at a location in eight or ten regional states all on the same weekend. Then we could link together electronically for a campfire each night. Think we could find someone to plan that one??? Does anyone know Bill Gates? How about Robin Williams?

We could just keep it informal and have a night out during the FMCA Bowling Green Convention. Find a good bar/restaurant near the convention and lets all get together for happy hour and pizza or something! Just for fun we could keep the location secret and post it on the forum at noon the day of the meeting. A good old fashioned happening!

Willa and I would love to be in a ''chapter,'' but, like others have stated, I am not sure we would be good members because of our ''travel schedule." We have a tendancy to take off at a the drop of a sinker and go where the fish are biting and stay for a week or so. Sometimes we get the need for ''windshield time'' and just get in the coach and leave for the mountains for a few days. If we were in a ''group'' I definitely would want to be a part of the group and support the meetings, etc.

I kinda go along with Wayne's suggestion/idea. Since we are all mobile, perhaps we could post some sort of schedule of our proposed travel with ''locations'' along the way and make arrangements to ''meet on the trail," as it were. For instance, Willa and I plan to head up to Canada this summer. We will go up thru Niagra Falls and cross into Canada and go to Ontario and Quebec and ramble around for a few weeks and then come back down thru Minnesota and then back home. After I sell some property we will head for Las Vegas in late September for a ''stay'' and then on to California to visit (mooch off of) friends for a couple of weeks.

All this is still ''in the works'' but this is a general plan. When we ''firm up'' our plans I would be glad to post our schedule on here somewhere and up date it as we travel. Using this, you guys could be careful and totally avoid us or simply let us know and we would be glad to meet you on the road for a campfire and some good fellowship.

Here is what I would do.

If you come thur North Carolina on the Blue Ridge parkway and you do not mind dry camping, there is a campground

at Linvell Falls area south of Boone/Blowing Rock that is really neat. It is 6 dollars for Golden Age Pass and you usually can

get a spot during the week unless its fourth of July or Labor Day weekend.

If you will e-mail me and if we can schedule it, I will reserve the campspots and we will meet you on the Blue Ridge

Parkway for a couple nites of camping.

This is an open invitation to anyone in FMCA, but bear in mind that I may need a little time to arrange for the camp

sights.

My e-mail address is seajaycecil@yahoo.com. When you e-mail me, give me your cell number and I can call you direct and let you know the arrangements.

Maybe each of us could do this in our ''home states'' and we could arrange a meeting like this.

Seajay the sailor man