BillJones

Michelin Warranty

First of all must say that the Michelin tire buy program does save us all money when purchasing new tires. BUT the Michelin warranty is not worth much as far as I am concerned. I really wonder why FMCA doesn't look into this much deeper as a lot of RV owners are getting ripped off by Michelin.

My tires are 3 year old and all the sidewalls are cracking and all I get from Michelin is it is COSMETIC. The dealer where I bought them will not even return my phone calls and so went to another dealer who did take time and check every tire with wear, pressure, and cracking and even did complete report and gave to local Michelin Rep. and so far nothing other than the Rep told them that he had seen my tires but that was lie as he may have looked at pictures taken from the first dealer's phone which of course isn't a very acceptable thing to do, in my opinion.

Again I wonder why we are not getting more help from FMCA ??? So far I have not been able to contact anyone in the corporate to talk about this issue. Bill Jones

I don't know the details of what happen to your tires but Tireman9 could tell you how to protect your tires from UV rays. Most of the cracking comes when the coach is parked and tire covers can help. I tend to protect my tires with tire dressing as it gives the tires an appealing look and is better than nothing.

UV damage is one reason for sidewall cracking. Another reason is under inflation. Have you weighed all four corners, referenced the tire chart for your particular tires, and inflated your tires on the same axel to the greatest loaded tire on that axel? Actually, I think most tire manufacturers recommend 5 to 10 pounds over the chart rating for safety. But if the tires have been under inflated, it is too late to correct.

My tires are 3 year old and all the sidewalls are cracking

Just a question. On what are you basing the age of your tires? Is this based on the date of purchase or on the date of manufacture?