Sign in to follow this  
Hollynne

Pennsylvania Requires "Unladen" Weight On 1999 Motorhome

Recently purchased a 1999 Coachman Catalina Motorhome, 34 ft, Model 322. The PA DOT now requires an unladen weight in addition to the GVW and GCW.

I can't find ANY info on determining this and even called Coachman and they had no answer.

Anyone in Pennsylvania or with the same issue? I'd appreciate any replies because the title was returned to me for this new information.

THANKS!

Holly

Holly,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Locate the nearest scales-- may be a moving company, trash hauler, truck scales, etc. Your local yellow pages or Google should point you in the right direction.

If you have anything heavy in the coach, or full water, gray or black, empty them before weighing.

BTW it is common to require a weight sticker when registering a motorhome in many states.

Thanks for your prompt reply and welcome!

My boyfriend actually located the laden weight on the motorhome right after you posted! I'm glad to have found a forum like this!

Regards,

Holly

In Pennsylvania, a good or high resolution picture from a digital camera or cell phone of the vin along with the manufacturers weight ratings works at tag and title agencies that seem to be common in the state. They are for profit companies and are often easier to deal with than Penn Dot. We have lived in PA for 38 years and have used them many times. By helping the customer, they profit.