Salton

LED Lights Replaced-- Blinks After Warming Up

We replaced the interior 3 tube fluorescent lamps with 3 LED tube lamps.

The switch allows for 1, 2, or 3 lamps to be lit at a time.

If all 3 lamps are lit, the fixture starts blinking. It stops only if 1 or 2 of the LED lights are in the on position.any suggestions???

Jp

Jp,

Welcome to the FMCA forum!

From your description, it sounds like a thermal issue. Thinking that there is a component that is being affected by the extra current required when all 3 of the LEDs are turned on, or there is what is called a cold solder connection somewhere in the control circuit.

You might want to see if you can get it exchanged by the outlet or supplier where you bought the replacement light.

Rich.

Salton,

Did you replace the complete fixture or just the fluorescent bulbs? If just the bulbs then it may be the fixture itself. I don't know a lot about the LED replacement bulbs, however I know that you can get LED bulbs that directly replace the Incandescent bulbs, and there are LED light fixtures. May be your unit is not completely compatible with the LED tubes.

Let us know what you find out.

Herman

From what little I know about LED,s did you wire them direct to the 12 volt wires bypassing the transformer?

If not then you will have to wire them directly to the wires.

If the transformer is still wired into the circuit it could possibly be the problem.

Regards

Michael