Sign in to follow this  
brown774

Windshield Wiper Arms & Washer Tank

My wiper arms, when retracted (down) fall below the windshield to body gasket. Can I remove the wiper arms and rotate them up (clockwise) to have them resting on window glass?

I can't seem to find the washer fluid tank to check, any ideas on location.

My manual does not have a listing for window washer tank refill procedures.

2007 Monaco Diplomat 40'

Bill,

On my 2003 Dynasty the bottle is located in the front. The Generator has to be pulled out. I don't remember if it is on the right or left side.

Do your complete wiper blade go down below the gasket or just the end. If it is just the end the blade can be rotated to make the blade level with the gasket.

Herman

On our coach the washer fluid is in the front, on the passenger side. Yours may be different but should be somewhere near the windshield wipers/washers. And yes, as Herman said, you run the generator out and then look inside to find the washer fluid container. Wiper blades can be rotated at the pivot point to get them level. If you want to move the entire arm then you need to remove the nut that holds the wiper arm, remove the wiper arm and put it back on the post in the desired position. The post has raised teeth that hold the arm in position. You can work these with these two adjustments to get the blades where you want them to rest on the windshield and level.

Tom, If I am not mistaken (which a lot of the time I am), the wiper arm is splined and will only mount one way. This was done due to the synchronizing of the two arms.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Louise.

Herman

If the wiper arm doesn't have a nut securing it to the stud, there will be a clip to slide back to release the wiper arm. Use a wide flat blade screw driver or some sort of pry bar with a small block of wood under the bar to provide a fulcrum.

Both the wiper arm and stud are multi-splined for adjustment. Check to make sure you don't move the arm too far or it will move too far the other direction.