Sign in to follow this  
msds99

Bad Link Inverter - Plug in or Unplug ...

My question is about my inverter. My Link 1000 went bad, I was told to unplug my inverter from my source manager II. Should I plug it back in while using my generator so it will charge the batteries, or can I leave it disconnected until we go dry camping? Any help would be appreciated.

msds99,

Welcome to the Forum!

Do you have the owners manual for the link 1000 ? If not here is a link to get a PDF copy of the manual.

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Discontinued-Products/Link1000_OwnerGuide%28975-0084-01-01_Rev-A%29.pdf

Your problem could be a number of items.

First.> is to know that the control panel has truly failed. It should work on any Freedom Inverter, have you tried to connect it to another unit?

Second.> have you checked to make sure the Data cable is not the issue?

Third.> The Remote connects to a logic board inside the Freedom units. This board can fail and if so needs to be replaced. I had to get a new one installed 5 years ago.

Rich.

Note! Do not forget to check the 2 amp. fuses in the control link circuit !

msds99,

If your Inverter is bad you will not have any way to convert your 12 volt to 120 volt.

However if it still converts 12 to 120 and it will still charge your batteries as you said, plug it in when running the generator to charge the batteries, then what is wrong with the Inverter?

Herman