Sign in to follow this  
fasteddie123

Brakemaster Brake Line

Since your coach is on a Roadmaster chassis (Monaco's in-house brand) I would give Monaco a call with your VIN. They can pull up a schematic of your air brake system and tell you:

Monaco Technical: 877-466-6226 Mon - Fri: 7:00am - 4:00pm PT

Be sure this important SAFETY upgrade has been done-- rear trailing arm failure:

http://community.fmca.com/topic/569-important-safety-problem-monaco-holiday-rambler-safari-chassis/

Usually a small tank is added and a proportional air relay which is controlled by the rear brake pressure so that if anything should happen to the air line going to the toad it will not effect the coach rear brakes. I beleive there is a federal regulation on this.

Usually a small tank is added and a proportional air relay which is controlled by the rear brake pressure so that if anything should happen to the air line going to the toad it will not effect the coach rear brakes. I believe there is a federal regulation on this.

It may be a gov reg but I would think it is not necessary as the air compressor can keep the pressure up with a 1/4 air line leaking and if the compressor can't, you have a problem with your air compressor.

Fasteddie if you will look to the rear of your left or right rear dual ( I used the right) you will see a the valve actuator (name ? ) on the coach frame with a line running to the rear brakes can, air the coach up and remove the fitting from the actuator on the frame and have someone to mash the brakes to prove to yourself that it is the right place to connect air will escape when the brakes are mashed.

Remove the hose fitting replace with a 1/2 inch ( I used brass ) T and all thread nipple put the hose fitting back in connect the brake hose and use the other port to connect the 1/4 inch fitting for the Brakemaster, note be sure to use DOT approved air quality plastic line for the Brakemaster hook up.