Sign in to follow this  
Kent Dorfman

Need Diesel Shop In North Little Rock, AR: 1984 Eagle 10 Bus

I bought this bus in an online government auction, it has 54,000 miles on it and looks to be in decent shape but I am in Norfolk, VA. It does not run but the guy I talked to yesterday said it ran a year ago when they brought it there but there is no key. I think they lost it (typical) and hotwired the bus to get it off the trailer. I need to have it towed to a decent truck repair shop or get someone to look at it.

If the bus is decent I want to get it looked over and repaired enough to fly out there and drive it back to VA. I talked to a few people today but was mostly met by 'call this guy' or luke warm responses, waiting to hear back from a couple guys.

If anyone has any recommendations for Little Rock area, let me know!

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Suspect this has a Detroit Diesel 2 stroke engine. If so, you will want to find an "old timer" who knows these engines.

Please verify the engine, as that will affect recommendations.

Tom,

Then, my first question would be "do you have someone familiar with the DD 6V92-- I just bought one that has not been run in a long time?"

What brand is the bus, and model #, ie., mci, prevost, silver eagle? I have a friend here in B'ham, Al. who does Greyhound repairs, and knows many who do this in various cities.

Try calling these people, they are Detroit in Little Rock. I find most of these shops still work on the Ddec 6v92, if not they know a retiree that still does. Pm me, for any help that I may give. I run that same engine.

United Engines
Diesel Engine Dealer
Address: 9401 Interstate 30, Little Rock, AR 72209