Sign in to follow this  
Twowhlrcr

Norcold LP Issues

Good evening,

I'm helping my Father In Law troubleshoot his RV refrigerator. It works great on A/C. When in gas mode, we have a good flame but the refrigerator only works intermittently. When it does work, it's very cold.

My first question has to do with the flame itself....is it either on or off? What I'm saying is, is there a high and a low flame or just one flame? Like I said, we have a good flame but I'm lost after that.

I appreciate the help.

Twowhlrcr,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum!

The Flame is set at one level.

Could you post the model number of the Norcold unit for the group?

There might be some dirt build up in the burner and flue area, but having the model number will help.

Do you have the manual for the unit in question?

Rich.

To add to Rich's questions, when was the last time a "burner area tune-up" as done. This requires no parts and addresses a number of things that can cause failure while on propane:

1. Clog in propane jet.

2. Dirt, rust or insect nest in the burner tube.

3. Improper gap or carbon build up on the ignitor/thermocouple

Complete instructions may be in your refrigerator owners manual.

Guys, thanks for the input. I didn't do enough research and had the wrong manufacturer of the refrigerator. Also, we found some issues with the electrical of the trailer near the battery and fixed all of that. The refrigerator worked earlier this afternoon on LP.

It's plugged into A/C power overnight tonight and I'm taking it to the dunes the next couple days. I'll give you a full report when I get a chance.

Thanks again, great forum!!