Twowhlrcr

Dometic Refrigerator LP Issues

Good afternoon Guys. I have a trailer with a Dometic Americana Model 2652. When plugged into A/C, the refrigerator works great. When I unplug and run it off of gas, it doesn't cool at all. I have a good flame I think...see picture. The flame stays on constantly but does not cool the refrigerator. Any ideas on where to start? Should I inspect the area just above the flame for a clog of some sort? I appreciate any help. Thanks.

DSC_0913_zpseb0db4b5.jpg

DSC_0915_zps8414d611.jpg

The heat from the flame needs to rise freely up the flue. This assures even heating of the hear exchanger.

You should be able to remove the roof cover and check for restrictions in the vent cover also look down the flue.

Any restrictions need to be cleaned, like mud dabbers nests, wasp nests, and other items like baffles that have dropped out of place due to deterioration. Look for any deterioration of the flue pipe itself.

Rich.

PS-- The flame looks clean and directed up the cone properly ! The lower portion looks very clean, with no rust or other restrictions.

There also should be a shield in front of the flame that hooks on those two top slots and a screw to the bracket on the left.

Removed the refrigerator. The flue is spotless. The baffle is still in the tube. Man, this is a tough one? My Father In Law thought it was flame related originally, so the control panel and thermocouple have already been replaced.

My Father In Law just called and he said the refrigerator is working as of right now. Thanks for the help. He might have found a loose fuse. I'll be in touch if it fails again.