Sign in to follow this  
AlbertaWinterTexan

Recommendations For Used Class A Gas 2007 - 2010

We are Canadian Snowbirds and presently have a 36 ft HitchHiker 5W permanently parked in a RV park in TX.

We also have a 28 ft Safari Trek which we use for the north-south-north migrations and occasional touring from time to time when the travel bug bites.

We are considering selling both the HitchHiker and Trek and purchasing a larger (used) Class A Gas to replace both. Preliminary Internet research has determined that a 36-38 ft model, 2007 -2010, on a Workhorse chassis will probably meet our preferences and budget.

We want a coach from a manufacturer still in production as the Trek has taught us about the problems obtaining coach specific parts for an "orphan" coach. e.g. a $750 headlight.

An example of a floorplan and spec we have found that looks like it will meet our requirements is a Pace Arrow 37c. It has 3 slides, (2 will be OK) an enclosed bathroom, 60 x 80 queen bed and good sized galley.

We would appreciate recommendations for similar or better quality coaches with a good reliability history.

Thanks

A Pace Arrow would top my list, I have a 2003 37A I purchased used 5 years ago, it had been neglected, after several months of fixing and elbow grease we have the best RV since starting 40 years ago. I don't know why Fleetwood stopped making them. After having a Coachman class C purchased new, I didn't know if I even wanted to keep RVing. A total piece junk.

AlbertaWinterTexan,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you find a coach that fits your desires go for it. If the Mfg. is out of business it is not a bad thing. If you look at the coach, the shell is the only thing the Mfg. made. All the rest are outside purchases. AKA, windows, Engine, Transmission, appliances and so on. Please don't reject some of those wonderful coaches that can still give you years of service and enjoyment.

Find what you like and go for it.

By the way, Welcome to Texas even if it's just for a few months each year.

Herman

Gord & Linda,

I have to agree with Herman. Several coaches are currently manufactured but by a new owner. Examples are Fleetwood and Monaco/Holiday Rambler Coach. Find the floor plan that suites you best. Be prepared to put more money into "making things the way you want them", as well as regular maintenance and repairs. If the floor plan is right for you the rest is just money and fun.

A Workhorse chassis is no longer produced so you might want to reconsider an F-53 of later years with the newer V-10 and 5 speed trans with tow/haul.