Sign in to follow this  
slowe

Memphis From FL

Question

We would like to take our Class A 35' M.H. to Memphis this July. We are looking for places of interest to see along the way.

We like to travel secondary roads as well as major highways when necessary.

Suggestions for campgrounds are welcomed.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Between FL and Memphis, one trip I've had in my bucket list is the Natchez Trace Parkway. It is 444 miles long, from Natchez, MS to Nashville, TN. Google it and you will find many interesting little towns to visit along the way, with plenty of campgrounds. This is not exactly "on your way" as most probably you will be passing "over it" (think of an X), but good to consider if you have the time.

Safe travels!

Jocelynn and Quico Power

Gainesville, TN

28' Concord/Coachmen w/ tow

I too would highly recommend the Natchez Trace National Parkway. It's a nice trip back in time and leisurely travel to boot. The speed limit is 50 and there are no trucks. They post all the point of interest stops with signs to indicate if they have pull through driveways or if there is no turnaround so you have no doubt before you go in whether you'll be able to get out without unhooking the toad. Almost all of the stops have turn-around drives.

In Natchez each spring and fall they have the Natchez Pilgrimage with many of the historic and interesting mansions open for tours. A few of these homes are open year-round. Guides in each home are dressed in period costume and the home owner is usually on site to greet you with a little history of the house before your tour.

Across the river from Natchez in Vidalia, Louisiana, is a very nice RV Park, Riverview RV Park, just south of the Mississippi River bridge. It is a county park with full hookups. You can sit on the levee and watch the barges and riverboats go up and down river.

After you take the Natchez Trace to Natchez, you could take the return trip along the coast. After some midwest heat you'll be ready for some beach time!