jleamont

Aqua-Hot Operation In Winter

jleamont,

Aqua Hot units have a thermostat in the bay set to come on with the temp drops. Several things you can do is make sure you have a full fuel tank if you plan on running it on diesel. You will need to have the unit plugged in to shore power to insure fully charged batteries. You might check with Aqua Hot and ask if you have it plugged in, will the unit come on with the electric side in case of low temps. I believe it will.

Herman

Thanks Herman, during the winter I will often go out to the coach which is winterized to do some work on the interior. With the antifreeze through the system I wanted to know if I could run the diesel burner for interior heat with antifreeze in the system in the fresh water side of the system, I had a concern it would crystilize or evaporate and damage the Aquahot.

Just spoke to Aqua Hot tech support, I was told no issues to run the unit after it has been winterized, with RV antifreeze in the unit on the fresh water side, they designed it that way so it could still be used as a heater only. the more I learn about this system the more i like it.