Sign in to follow this  
floridaroom5

Route from Sedona AZ to Moab, UT

Question

Good afternoon, we are planning our trip from North Florida to Moab UT first of May towing a 4 door jeep.

We are spending time in Sedona before making our way to Moab.

Can anyone advise on Hwy 89 out of Flagstaff to Hwy 160 to Hwy 191 into Moab.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

8 answers to this question

Those are good routes. You will actually take Hwy 89T instead of 89 as 89 is closed for major wash-out repairs. But 89T is a new highway which cuts through a reservation and is in good condition.

You might consider altering your route if time permits. Check out Hwy 89 to Page, AZ, then to Kanab, UT, then on to Hwy 12 to the north of Glendale, UT, going east through Bryce, Escalante, Boulder, catching Hwy 24 at Torrey, UT and on east to Moab, UT. Highway 12 is not to be missed if you have the time for that drive. The scenery along the "Hogsback" part of the highway and through Capitol Reef, and Dixie National Forest is stunning.

Your route takes you near Monument Valley and Four Corners. Nice, but NOTHING like the route I have described. It will take another day.

Don

Good afternoon, we are planning our trip from North Florida to Moab UT first of May towing a 4 door jeep.

We are spending time in Sedona before making our way to Moab.

Can anyone advise on Hwy 89 out of Flagstaff to Hwy 160 to Hwy 191 into Moab.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

That is a good route except I usually take US163 through Monument Valley because I like the view better. There is a very steep section on US163 south of the San Juan river bridge at Mexican Hat, you need to keep it slow in that section. I take it once or twice a year.

If you have time I would suggest taking a side trip to Lake Powell. The route would be to stay on US89 north into Page AZ (this uses the new 89T road). Then use 98 back to US160. There is a great RV park in Wahweap at Lake Powell.

First off US89 doesn't go to Cedar City so you need to cross over on one of the routes between US89 and I-15. If you need to go to Cedar City and not just to I-15 then I would suggest taking US89 to Page/Lake Powell and on to Kanab then US89A south to Fredonia then 389/59 to Hurricane and 17 to I-15 north. All good road and not too curvy...

We came from Moab and went south on 191 to 162/163, turned right a Bluff down through Forrest Gump Valley in Monument Valley. The local tribe run the Monum Valley, so its a little pricey but haggle with them and gets better. You can drive your own vehicle on public tour route or pay them for a more indepth tour, but however don't miss this attraction as John Wayne would say "Little Missy".

We left there and went to Kayenta Burger King and spent night there. got up next morning and went to the Grand Canyon using highway 160 west to highway 89.

Left on 89 to Cameron, right on 64 to GC. If you'll be traveling north, try and go through these areas at noon or later as you will have the sun at your back. Enjoy your trip and ps, we're in 40' DP MH pulling an 28ft all alum enclosed trailer, so if we can make it so could you! Be SAFE !!!

post-40591-0-01966500-1433133157_thumb.j

Good afternoon, we are leaving Moab Friday am headed to Wahweap Lodge and RV Park at Lake Powell. Any Suggestions on a route to Wahweap from Moab. We are towing a 4dr. Jeep. Thanks