pcowen

Invisibrake Works Intermittently

I have a 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35 K with a Ford F 53 chassis. I tow a 2014 Honda CRV. I had camping world hook up my towing system. The Invisibrake system does not function all the time. I took both units back to Camping World today and they claim their installation of brake system is fine. Driving to and from service appointment the system functioned for about 20 minutes each way. I am down to looking at the Bounder and will begin that in morning and plan on calling Roadmaster.

The lights between both units seem to work fine (blinkers, turn signals, etc). Has anyone using Invisbrake experienced a similar issue? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Phil Cowen

Phil,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Our Invisibrake is 2 year old and had performed as it should.

Do you have an "Invisibrake is on" light on the dash (as we do)? If so when does it come on/not come on when the coach brake is applied?

Are your coach/toad brake lights working-- that is what triggers the Invisibrake.

And if the answers to these do not point you to the problem, absolutely call Roadmaster-- they should be able to walk you/a tech through a diagnosis.

Brett yes I have the light to monitor brakes when brakes activate in the Bounder. As per post and since I had it installed seems to start off ok then cuts out (although not always), no correlation to rain, force of braking pressure, or other variable I can pinpoint. Yes the turns signals, brake lights, and flashers all function on coach and toad.

After today's service visit stopped after 2 tents of mile and played with system, seems 7 pin plug on coach maybe the problem. Will let you know what I find out. Keep brake pressure setting at around 25 so will play with that also, but when system does not seem to work I noticed needle moved from 0 to 18-19 range

Thank you for the welcome. I have read many of your posts and appreciate the advise. We are newbies closing in on one year anniversary of ownership.

Phil

Phil,

I know Roadmaster has basic PSI settings for each vehicle. I would start by verifying that the installer set the initial setting per the Roadmaster recommendations.

Let us know after you verify that the 7 pin connector is working properly-- a bad connection could certainly cause your symptoms.

Phil,

I took the liberty of forwarding this thread to Roadmaster. Here is the reply I got from them:

The brake pressure setting is too low. We recommend 65 psi on this vehicle. This may or may not be his ultimate issue, but it is definitely a significant factor. This pressure assumes a normal install. If the dealership routed the cable with lots of sharp bends and turns, this creates a lot of drag in the cable. The more drag, the less braking activity.
I would increase the pressure to 65 psi. If this doesn't solve the problem, please suggest the customer contact James Linnebur at 800-669-9690 ext. 155 so we can further investigate.
Thanks for contacting us about this. We want happy customers and appreciate the opportunity to help them.
Regards,

Brett thanks for the info. I called Roadmaster and they said try 60 on the phone. 7 pin connector along with wiring on the coach looks good. Hooked up cord and set system at 60. Will do some additional testing with wife ( have press toad brake for 20 seconds and see if I get an alarm). Once that is done will do some test driving. Will keep you posted and thanks for the help and contact.

Phil