Sign in to follow this  
sgcampbell

Sealant Around Wires

I just replaced my original Xantrex inverter with a Magnum 2012 PSW invereter. To do this I had to cut away the rubberized sealant around the wires coming in to the compartment where my inverter is located.

Now that it is installed, I need to reseal around the wires to prevent water entering the compartment.

I have a 2004 Newmar Mountain Aire Diesel.

Does anyone know the brand of rubberized sealant used by Newmar to seal wires entering compartments?

It was brushed on originally.

SGCampbell,

Welcome to the Forum.

Tomorrow give Newmar Tech service a call and they can tell you what kind of sealant they used and where you might find it in your area.

Herman

dd69,

Do you know how well this product holds up to out side exposure? I have some thing penetrating the exterior walls of my Garage that I would like to seal really well.

Herman

I've used it for several different apps. Holds up well. It is sometimes referred to as liquid electrical tape. You also might look at marine silicone which is approved for underwater application.

Herman, if it will be exposed to the outside, black rtv sealant, can be obtained at most autopart stores will work very well. Use black, as it is the only color that is not affected by ultraviolent rays. Bet you have never seen a power company wire outside any other color than black, this is the reason.

Happy motoring, Kay