BearAndMoon

Entry Door

Not really a customization, however I could think of no other place to post this.

We have warned people again and again about the front door on our class A, to no avail.

You know what I'm talking about. Those people who, no matter how often you tell them not to yank on the door when it's locked in the open position, keep doing it. Even after told that they need to pull the door latch to close it.

Last week a friend flexed the door so hard, he popped the weld on one corner of the door on our Dutch Star.

From the looks of it, it's mostly cosmetic. It does however serve as the place where the weather-stripping mounts to the door.

Right now I'm considering right angle mending plate and JB Weld as a fix.

Anyone ever have to deal with this?

Brad,

If it is a weld, it is not cosmetic. Welds are for strength Take your coach to a welder and see if they can TIG (aka Heli Arc) weld the break. You may have to replace the weather striping afterword.

Also might I suggest getting friends with better hearing and better memories. :P

Herman

Sign makers can make decals that you can place in an area that you want to remind not to do certain things, with a little imagination it can be worded to be decorative and reminding at the same time. You will be surprised how inexpensive they can be.

Something like "Gentle on my mind, not only a song by Glen Campbell, also how to close my door!!!""

Kay

I have a similar problem with the kids slamming it closed. So far yelling just gets me I trouble with the DW, I was thinking about retrofitting something that would make it close soft. I am waiting for the door to break or the windshield pop out.