lylefikse

Surround Sound In Motorhome

Our motorhome is wired for surround sound through the DVD player. We seldom use the DVD player, When watching TV on our Dish Sat. no surround sound. The sound comes through the TV. Has anyone out there wire in a surround receiver so all goes through the surround. If so, how, and will it work with 211K dish receiver?

Lyle, probably as simple as moving the receiver audio cables from the dvd player to the tv audio output connections. If the dvd is hdmi to the tv, that is all you should have to do, if avi cables from dvd to tv, then you will need to hook audio cables from dvd audio output to tv audio input. After doing this everything should output from the tv to the receiver/surround sound. This should not affect the dish receiver. Good luck, Kay

One problem you may have is that the sound from the TV to the surround sound will be a fixed level output; therefore, the volume control for the TV may not vary the volume for the surround sound, You will need to adjust the surround sound, too.

Ross, you are right, but I set the volume on my tv to the maximum level, then set the volume on the surround sound to the most that I will ever want to hear it, then the tv volume control will actually work. Probably not the same on every system, so it is good to know every possibility.

I have the same problem when I upgraded to smart TV. There were only so many RCA input-output connectors on the TV that worked only at component setting. Otherwise I would need to use HDMI that the 2006 DVD player don't have. I think the best option would to upgrade to a blue-ray but have to be careful as the connectors to speaker in the ceiling and sub-woofer under the bench is also RCA connectors. I guess the bet bet is stop by a audio store and talk to a tech there. The DVD still works great through the TV though with great sound.

Bought a Surround Sound Amp and BluRay player and installed them in the motorhome. Surround sound working now off the Dish. Sounds great. $279 for reciever and $89 for DVD player. Sounds almost like our system at home.