rlbarkleyii

Location Of Test Ports Allison 2000MH Transmission

Looking to install a temperature sender on my Allison 2000MH since this tranny does not send temp data to my ScanGuage D.

I assume there must be one or more test ports on the transmission that a sender could be placed in.

Has anyone done this, or know where the ports are located.

rlbarkleyii,

I would recommend having it installed on the cooler line. My 3000 series has a block the breaks the line to the cooler and it screws into that. another option; I would see if there is a plug on the pan that is not being used, If I remember correctly the 2000 series has an actual pan under it. I cannot recall from memory if it was steel or aluminum, either way it could be added to the pan.

Just throwing some ideas out there, the last 2000 series I worked on was at least 9 years ago and it was in a medium duty truck.

I am sure if you have a local Allison dealer they could come up with a few ideas.

Good luck.

Joe

Interesting my Banks IQ reads the transmission temps. I wonder why the scan gage can't read them. I think they plug into the same port. Have you talked to the Scan Guage teck support?

I would talk to your local Allison shop or call Allison teck support. Do you have this link?

http://www.allisontransmission.com/parts-service/my-transmission

Bill

It must be something with the 2000 series transmission, as I recall the 2000 series was more of a basic design (mechanical shifter etc), that might have something to do with it.

I would reach out to Scan Guage just to get their opinion.

I have a scan guage and it reads my trans temp on my 3000 series.