Looking to see if anyone has installed a blue ox base plate on a 2008 Chevy Cobalt.

Have run into a little snag as to the mounting of the nuts inside of frame, no visible holes to use.

Did a search and nothing comes back so I thought I would ask members for help.

Thanks

mrblfx,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have had several Blue Ox units on several vehicles. On my last install, (2008 Chevrolet) I had to drill a hole for each base plate. It was spelled out in the instructions.

If your instructions don't call for drilling give the tech dept a call. They can be very helpful.

Herman

I know they tell you to drill for the base plate, but my problem is that there are no holes to put the nuts inside frame. I guess I will have to cut the frame on the bottom

DO NOT CUT THE FRAME. Call Blue Ox. Sometimes you have an existing hole that must be drilled through the opposite side. This is done with the base plate in place to use as a guide. But please do not cut your frame.

Herman

Looking to see if anyone has installed a blue ox base plate on a 2008 Chevy Cobalt.

Have run into a little snag as to the mounting of the nuts inside of frame, no visible holes to use.

Did a search and nothing comes back so I thought I would ask members for help.

Thanks

I just looked at the installation instructions and what you should have is 9 ea 3/8 x 16 nut plates with a 14 inch wire attached to each and you just hold the wire and push the wire and nut into the frame channel then start the bolt ( be sure to use loctite and torque) after tight break wire off.

As Walt2137 said, use the nuts with the wires attached to slide down inside the frame. When things are tight, you can trim off excess wire if you wish.

Lay the blue ox brackets onto your car frame to mark location for holes to be drilled.

I finally got it all sorted out. Had to open the slots on the front of the frame to get the nuts inside of the frame. Now just waiting on the light kit to arrive so I can finish the bumper fascia cut out for the light cord.

Thanks to all for the input, it's really helps to have moral support.

Jim

I finally got it all sorted out. Had to open the slots on the front of the frame to get the nuts inside of the frame. Now just waiting on the light kit to arrive so I can finish the bumper fascia cut out for the light cord.

Thanks to all for the input, it's really helps to have moral support.

Jim

Jim have you thought about just removing the bottom grill instead of cutting the holes and when you decide to remove the tow brackets you can install it back in.

Jim, Don't get "CUT" happy! Unless your going to park your toad in the back 40 when you want a new one! No cut, more $$$ on trade!

Carl