Sign in to follow this  
jbrunson

Connector At Coach End 1996 Beaver Monterey

Can anyone provide the NEMA spec for the end that plugs into the coach? Somewhere in the past ours got whacked down to about 24" long. To overcome this, a huge gauge piece of 4 conductor SO cord was made into an extension cord. I would like to make a much lighter one up about 15' long with #6 4 conductor SO. This moose is big around as my wrist and 40 foot long.

While putting together my coach, I found that one can buy 15 to 45 foot 50 amp extensions on ebay at some great prices. I used a fifteen foot, cut the female end off, wired it directly into the transfer switch, leaving the fifteen

feet to be rolled up, I also carry an additional 15 foot, and a 30 foot extension neatly rolled in an adjoining bay.

While putting together my coach, I found that one can buy 15 to 45 foot 50 amp extensions on ebay at some great prices. I used a fifteen foot, cut the female end off, wired it directly into the transfer switch, leaving the fifteen

feet to be rolled up, I also carry an additional 15 foot, and a 30 foot extension neatly rolled in an adjoining bay.

Seems that Walmart has the best price just now. I would just like to know what that end is; the extension cord connects inside the wet bay and occasionally causes GFI outlets to trip. I would imagine the wire would be good for 150 amp at this size, smaller would be easier to deal with.

The problem is that there are a number of different (and acceptable) coach ends.

As long as they are 4 wire. of proper gauge and either waterproof OR located inside, they can be used.

If you describe what yours looks like/ post a photo, we can be of more assistance.

Just want a longer one to get the connections away from moisture. The connector is labeled "Marinco". No clue if it is original or not

post-43834-0-74621200-1442175481_thumb.j

post-43834-0-58380700-1442175540_thumb.j

post-43834-0-81031900-1442175795_thumb.j