Sign in to follow this  
hermanmullins

Status of Seajay

Guest Wayne77590

Seajay is on the road. The last email I had from him was that the mechanics were under the Coach now removing the old transmission. They will put it side-by-side with the new transmission and make sure it is a match. His email indicated he would be on the road and is 1500+ miles away from home.

He has made some decisions and has decided, and appropriatley so, to see a doctor. No - not concerning his personality, which I think is a good one, but on a hernia in his stomach. I hope he doesn't mind me spilling the beans on that, but hey, everyone gets a little medical attentions once in a while.

This trip they had a busted weld, had to replace the starter, the death of a friend, the transmission stopped working, lost the steering on the TOAD (LUX). On the good side, he did win $500 playing Texas Hold 'Em in Las Vegas with a royal flush.

Now my above post are no where near as eloquent or humorous as Seajay's, but they will have to do for the time being.

Guest Wayne77590

Seajay stopped in Liman, CO, tonight with temperatures in the high 20s to low 30s. He's boondocking at a Flying J with 4 inches of snow on the ground, but the roads are clear, except for maybe a few patches of solid water. He is going to wait a while for the sun to come up before proceeding. He and Willa are going to partake of that famous Flying J buffet. He is a cheapskate and will most likely stay at Flying J's, saving a few pennies on his trip home.

It is so nice when I can take liberties with his words.

Guest Wayne77590

Just in case you are wondering, I received, as did others, this email from Seajay and I quote:

"We are outside St  Louis Mo at a flying J truck stop right now.  we are about seven hundred miles from home and this is getting to be a loooooooooooooong road........

I guess I am getting old but anything over four hundred in one day is a real pill .....

I seriously doubt we will get home Sunday.   We might get close but I doubt if we make it all the way..   My doctors appointment is tuesday and I will make that for sure.   we should get home Monday about noon if i got it figured right.  Willa is flaked out with her electronic book and two dogs guarding her feet .....  I just had a rum and coke and I am getting ''relaxed'' ...................   Its eight thirty now and we will hit it again tomorrow early ...

We will stay in touch ............  

willa gus finnie and me ................."

Happy trails Seajay.

Guest Wayne77590

Remind me to not let Seajay buy me any lotto tickets!!

From Seajay:

"Well guys ,,,,, you aint gonna believe this stuff.   It is too simple to be a lie and to funny to be true. 

We had our trip home all planned out.   We are supposed to arrive home tomorrow about noon or shortly after.   We got word today that there has been a ''rock slide'' blocking both lanes of I 40 just inside the NC line.   they have trouble there sometimes but usually only one lane is effected ... It seems that this time it got both lanes.   fifty feet high and a hundred feet long.   they said it would take three months to get the road open again...

I said ''Shux''....

Now we got to go up toward Johnson City and make a ''cut across'' thru highway seventy back over to I 26 and down to Ashville and back to I 40 and home.  Maybe...... 

anyhow,  It could be worser I guess .........  we will keep you posted

willa gus finnie and me .............   stuck in tennessee

We are just outside of Knocksville in a Pilot truck stop .........

later dudes

"

Herman.....I believe the air mail was the more difficult. LOL

Road Dog

Road Dog,

Thank you for your service. Although I was in the Navy from 1956 through 1964, but had no contact with Vietnam, they consider me a Vietnam Veteran. You who were there are the true Veterans of that conflict (WAR).

Again, thank you your service to our great COUNTRY.