GiraAmerica

Tennessee & Arkansas RV Parks Along I 40

Herman.  I like bold letters, at least I can read without my glasses or cheater's. :)

Roland, I stayed in that park a couple of years ago!  Nice, that was the first time I saw barges on the river.  Unreal how many and how wide a load is, being handled by 1 tug!  No wonder those Captains earn the big bucks! :rolleyes:

Hear is my list of places I have stayed on I-40 some are better than others and some were just overnight once.

CAMP GROUNDS ON I-40

Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park,-2572 Music Valley Dr, Nashville, TN 37214 , nashvillejellystone.com , (615) 889-4225

Buffalo / I-40 / Exit 143 KOA Journey, 473 Barren Hollow Rd, Hurricane Mills, TN 37078

koa.com , (931) 296-1306

Downtown Riverside RV Park, 250 S Locust St, North Little Rock, AR 72114 downtownriversidervpark.com ,  (501) 340-5312

Overnight RV Park, 900 S Lakeside Dr, Amarillo, TX 79118 , overnitervpark.com , (806) 373-1431

Oasis RV Resort, 2715 Arnot Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124 , myrvoasis.com , (806) 356-8408

Enchanted Trails RV Park & Trading Post, 14305 Central Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87121

enchantedtrails.com , (505) 831-6317

Sun Valley RV Resort, 7625 Quartzsite St, Sun Valley, AZ 86029 , sunvalleyrvresort.com , (928) 524-2972. (this is a “original R66 motel that the new owners are making into a RV park. Minimum accommodations but was close to Petrified forest.)

Grand Canyon Railway RV Park, 601 W Franklin Ave, Williams, AZ 86046, thetrain.com , (800) 843-8724

If you can’t get into The RV park at the Grand Canyon this is where I have stayed. Nice park.

Fender's River Road Resort & Motel, 3396 Needles Hwy, Needles, CA 92363, fendersresort.com , (760) 326-3423. This was a overnight stop because they had space. Don’t let them put you down by the river. To noisy as there were lots of big speed boats running up and down the river. Look at it on Google Earth.

Bill

Bill, thanks for the level of detail!! Wow!!

From your recommendations I did book Oasis for one night on the return trip. DW wants to go back to the Big Texan. I'll check out the others.

The Rocky Mountain Oysters  at Big Texan are hard to beat.  Delicious!!!  Personally, I don't much care for the steaks there!  I have pork chop or the Lamb!

Have you stayed at the Riverside in Little Rock?  One of my Favorite.  The Yogi Bear in Nashville is also good.

Carl, only ever passed through Arkansas, never stopped. We stayed at the KOA in Nashville next to Yogi, absolutely the nicest KOA we have ever been too. The ladies at the pool (employees) were hilarious. They have wine tasting nightly at the pool, one for me and one for you is how it's dispensed, after an hour came the entertainment :lol:.